Extraordinary Dalebrook Farm c.1938. An enormous 635 acre farm (approximately 1 square mile) with an incredible custom 12,000SF stone house, plus bank barn complex, outbuildings, artist studio & tenant house.
[album: http://historichometeam.com/estates/wp-content/plugins/dm-albums/dm-albums.php?currdir=/wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/Dalebrook Farm/]
Address: 1207 Flohrs Church Road
Year Built: 1938
Square Feet: 12,000
Two separate parcels – 132 acres with house and buildings, and 503 acres of land (conservation easement) with approval to build one dwelling with up to a total of 60,000 sf of impervious surface.
The extraordinary Dalebrook Farm is an enormous property, occupying approximately 1 square mile (635 acres) with a spacious 12,000 square foot custom built stone house, bank barn complex, outbuildings, artist studio and tenant house. With abundant wildlife and views from every window, this extraordinary property makes a great private retreat and paradise for the nature lover. With a unique design of multiple wings and 5 large bed rooms (each with its own bathroom) this home originally functioned as a family compound and the “retro modern” kitchen and bathrooms, add character and charm to its expansive layout. The 132 acre farm site is surrounded by 503 acres of nature preserve with hiking trails and streams. This is a home of rare and beautiful distinction.
- 635 Acres (503 are private nature preserve)
- Main house is 12,000SF on 2 levels
- Gate house – 1 bedroom
- 12,000SF Bank barn complex
- Quonset hut (100′x40′)
- Artist Studio
- 3.5 miles of finished nature trails
- Solid stone walls and slate roof
- Unique custom design wood ornamentation throughout
- Oak floors
- Views of the start of the Appalachian range
- 2 car garage & 2 space carport
- Wood and mechanical shop
- Multigenerational family use
- Abundant wildlife, including deer, fox, turkey, and other small game, plus over 49 varieties of birds
- Bedroom 1 17′x16′ – Wood floor, fireplace, deep windows, 2 closets, crown molding.Bathroom (6′x7′).
- Sitting Room 16′x20′ – Wood floor, fireplace, crown molding, hallway access to patio.
- Family Room 36′x20′- 9′ fireplace, exposed beam ceiling, crown molding.
- Sun Room 14′x19′- Brick floor, door entrance, brick walls, exposed beams.
- Foyer 9′x14′- Exposed beam, crown molding.
- Sun Porch 16′x12′ – Tile floor, exposed beams, brick walls with glass.
- Kitchen 22′x15′ – Fridgedaire Custom Imperial refrigerator, 2 stainless steel sinks, cabinets with custom pull outs, wood floor, corrian counter, fluorescent lighting, Maralite wall finishing.
- Bedroom 2 15′x11′ – Wood floor, fireplace, closet, linen closet, alcove. Bathroom (6′x4′)
- Bedroom 3 16′x12′ – Wood floor, fireplace, closet, crown molding, bathroom (6′x4′)
- Bedroom 4 17′x17′ – Wood floor, walk in closet, linen closet. Bathroom (7′x9′) with tub and shower.
- Sitting Room 17′x17′ – Wood floor, fireplace, crown molding, ceiling fan.
- Bedroom 5 16′x17′- Wood floor, fireplace, crown molding, 2 walk in closets, linen closet. Bathroom with tub and shower.
- Sitting Room 16′x16′ – Fireplace, exposed beams, crown molding.
- Main Room 6,000SF – Catering kitchen, 2 car garage, wood shop, mechanical shop, concrete floor.
DALEBROOK FARM- Showing by Appointment
|Historic Home Buyers are not looking for just a house – a composite of wood and nails. They listen attentively to the centuries old stories that heart pine floors reveal and revel in the craftsmanship of a time when artisans took pride in their work. They know that within every line and plane of a historic home, there lies a measured moment for reflection. We understand historic home buyers and we are historic home experts.|
|Dalebrook Farm presents a unique opportunity to acquire a home of significant historic integrity that has been beautifully updated for elegant modern living. This is a home of rare and beautiful distinction. Let us show you this extraordinary home.|